Wonton wrappers make this Crawfish Ravioli recipe a cinch.
Herbed Crawfish Ravioli
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces tasso, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (5.2-ounce) packages garlic-and-herb-flavored Boursin cheese
- 8 ounces cooked crawfish tails, finely chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) packages refrigerated wonton wrappers
- Creole Lemon Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
- Garnish: parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add tasso, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add wine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 6 minutes. Stir in cheese and crawfish, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and let cool for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Place about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture in center of half of wontons. Brush edges of wrappers lightly with water; cover with remaining wonton wrappers, pressing edges to seal.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add wontons, in batches, and simmer until wontons are tender and filling is heated, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove wontons from pot; let drain. Divide wontons among serving dishes. Top with Creole Lemon Cream Sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Creole Lemon Cream Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 8 ounces cooked crawfish tails
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot; cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and lemon zest and juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and Creole seasoning. Return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in crawfish. Keep warm until ready to serve.