This Quick Crawfish Bisque is perfect for a weeknight meal.
Quick Crawfish Bisque
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles,* drained
- 1 (32-ounce) carton seafood stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound frozen crawfish tails, thawed and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sherry
- Hot sauce
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove onion mixture from pan, and set aside. Wipe pan clean.
- Add butter to pan, and melt over medium heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Reduce heat to medium- low; cook, stirring occasionally, until a peanut butter-colored roux forms, about 10 minutes. Add onion mixture, tomatoes, and seafood stock.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add thyme and bay leaves; cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crawfish, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Just before serving, stir in cream and sherry. Serve with hot sauce.
- *We used Ro-Tel.
Louisiana Cookin http://www.louisianacookin.com/