Get your gathering started with these tasty egg bites.
Andouille Mini Quiches
- ⅓ cup finely chopped andouille sausage (about 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 (1.9-ounce) packages frozen mini phyllo cups
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- In a small skillet, cook andouille over medium heat until browned and crispy; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 375°. Line basket with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Divide cheese evenly among phyllo cups; layer andouille and bell pepper mixture on top.
- In a large glass liquid-measuring cup with a spout, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, garlic powder, and salt; carefully spoon egg mixture into prepared phyllo cups. Working in batches, place phyllo cups in air fryer basket. Set fryer to 375°, and cook until quiches are set and puffed, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, and garnish with chopped chives, if desired.