These stuffed peppers from an esteemed Cajun entertainer will wow your party guests.
Arlette's Stuffed Peppers
Write a review
- 4 medium red bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 3 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined small fresh shrimp
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add peppers, reduce heat to simmer, and cook 10 minutes. Drain and set peppers aside.
- In a small bowl, combine bread and water. Let stand 5 minutes, then drain bread and squeeze dry.
- In a medium skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink and firm, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together onion mixture, bread, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Add shrimp and stir until combined. Divide mixture evenly among bell peppers and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/