Beef Back Ribs are marinated in an Asian mix and grilled to perfection in this flavorful recipe.
Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
Yields: 6 servings
- 5 pounds beef Back Ribs
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup Dijon-style mustard
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine ketchup, mustard, hoisin, jalapeño pepper, ginger, and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve ½ cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place beef Ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill or indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25-30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Cooks Tip: Add 3 to 4 additional briquets to each side of fire grate every 30 minutes or as necessary to maintain proper heat during grilling.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16⅛ x 11¾ x 2⅞ inches) foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1½ hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill ; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Sprinkle ribs with cilantro, if desired. Serve with Asian greens and vegetables.