These crispy, flavor-packed fried chicken wings from Chef Keith Kornfeld are simply delicious.
Asian Street Style Fried Chicken Wings
Cajun Asian Sweet Chili BBQ Sauce adds bayou heat to these fried chicken wings.
Write a review
- 1 cup canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut at joint
- 8 cups vegetable oil
- 1½ cups Cajun Asian Sweet Chili BBQ Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine canola oil, flour, cornstarch, oyster and fish sauces, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat until it reaches 325° on a candy or deep-fry thermometer.
- Place wings in oil, a few at a time, being careful not to overcrowd pot. Cook wings for 1 to 2 minutes without stirring. This allows the flour to become slightly cooked before separating. Adjust heat to maintain a temperature of 300° throughout the cooking process. Cook wings until they turn a light reddish brown color, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer wings to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with barbecue sauce. Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
- Purchase Cajun Asian Sweet Chili BBQ Sauce online at (cajunasianchef.com).
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/