This B.L.T. Sweet Potato Hash won the Grand Prize in the 2014 Louisiana Yam Recipe Contest, sponsored by the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
B.L.T. Sweet Potato Hash
Write a review
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 2 large leeks (white and light-green parts only) halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3½ ounces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and add sweet potato. Bake 15 minutes, stir, and cook 10 minutes more. Set aside, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add bacon, and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; reserve 1 tablespoon rendered fat in skillet. Add leeks and tomatoes to pan, and cook over medium-high until leeks are tender. Add cooked sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil; add potato mixture, and cook until browned on both sides. Divide between serving plates.
- Serve this B.L.T. Sweet Potato Hash on toast with a fried egg.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/