Baby Batata Burritos with Chimichurri
This winning appetizer will be a hit at your next party.
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces fresh chorizo, casing removed and meat crumbled
- ⅔ cup mashed sweet potato
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In a large skillet, place oil and chorizo, and cook over medium high heat until browned and cooked through. Drain chorizo on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine chorizo, sweet potato, cheese, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- Take a wonton wrapper and dampen all edges with water. Place 1 teaspoon of chorizo mixture in the lower middle of the wrapper. Fold “burrito-style,” sealing all the edges. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray burritos with nonstick cooking spray, and bake until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine parsley, oregano, shallot, garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon, salt, peppers, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Pulse until combined but chunky. Serve burritos with chimichurri sauce.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/