We paired this popular holiday appetizer with a spicy Cane Syrup Sauce for a more dynamic flavor.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest (about 1 medium orange)
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- Cane Syrup Sauce (recipe follows), to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese and orange zest and juice. Stuff each date with about 1 teaspoon goat cheese mixture, and wrap with 1 piece of bacon. Secure with a wooden pick, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is evenly cooked, 13 to 15 minutes, turning dates halfway through baking. Serve warm with Cane Syrup Sauce.