Baguette with Green Herb Butter
Write a review
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1½ teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (18-inch) baguettes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, add olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat until garlic is soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer garlic to a clean dry paper towel, and let cool 10 minutes. Reserve oil for another use, if desired (see note).
- In the workbowl of a food processor, combine garlic, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Pulse 4 times; add butter, vinegar, and salt. Process until combined. Butter can be frozen up to 1 month; soften before using.
- Slice baguettes, avoiding slicing through the bottom of the bread. Spread about 2 teaspoons butter between each bread slice. Bake until butter is melted and bread is golden, about 10 minutes. Lightly brush any remaining butter over warm bread. Serve immediately.
- Cool and reserve olive oil to make your favorite salad dressings with garlicky-flavored oil.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/