This dish is everything I love about baked barbecue beans with ground beef thrown in the mix.
Baked Bean Casserole
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon Pi-YAHHHHH!! Seasoning
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- ½ cup dark molasses
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Start out by heating a large pan over a medium heat.
- Sear the bacon in the large pan to almost crispy; remove to a plate layered with paper towels. Be sure to leave the drippings in the pan.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, chop the bacon.
- Add the beef, garlic, and Pi-YAHHHHH!! Seasoning to the vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned and crumbly. Drain in a sieve over paper towels, and add back to pan. Discard the paper towels. Add in the bacon, pork and beans, molasses, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, and mustard. Mix well. Cover and lower to a simmer. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this time, preheat your oven to 350°.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!