Gouda and Parmesan cheeses make these Baked Grits completely decadent.
Gouda and Parmesan cheeses make these Baked Grits extra decadent.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for greasing
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups yellow stone-ground grits
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnish: crumbled bacon, shaved Parmesan, and fresh thyme
- Grease 6 to 8 ramekins with butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Add grits slowly, whisking constantly while adding. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, until thick, about 1 hour. Add cream cheese, butter, cheeses, thyme, and pepper, and combine. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream and eggs. Add egg mixture to grits, whisking to combine. Pour into prepared dishes. Place dishes into a large roasting pan, and add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of dishes. Cover roasting pan with foil, and bake until set, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove roasting pan from oven; let cool slightly.
- Carefully remove dishes from water. Garnish with bacon, Parmesan, and thyme, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/