Be sure to serve plenty of Italian bread with this Barbecue Shrimp. You’ll want to savor every last drop.
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce*
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 pounds large fresh head-on shrimp
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 small lemons, sliced
- Sliced Italian bread and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut ¼ inch off top end of garlic head, keeping cloves intact. Place in a roasting pan, and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, wine, sliced garlic, Worcestershire, Creole seasoning, thyme, hot sauce, and bay leaves. Add shrimp to roasting pan, and toss with sauce mixture. Top with cold butter and lemon slices.
- Bake until shrimp are pink and firm, about 30 minutes, stirring once. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
*We used Heinz.
the recipe doesnt say what to do with the roasted garlic.
After initially baking the garlic for 20 minutes, you’ll keep the garlic in the roasting pan with the shrimp and sauce mixture and continue baking for 30 more minutes. We recommend spreading the roasted garlic on some sliced bread and dipping in the sauce!