Blackened Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- ¼ cup blackening seasoning
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Garnish: thyme leaves, shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl add blackening seasoning. Dredge chicken breast into blackening seasoning, shaking off excess.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add olive oil. Add chicken to skillet, and cook until both sides are blackened, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until an instant read thermometer reads 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes. Slice chicken breast diagonally into thin slices; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, and half-and-half. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until smooth and heated through. Add salt, pepper, and white pepper, stirring to combine. Add pasta to pan and toss lightly to coat. Add reserved chicken, and garnish with thyme and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 1315 Fat: 84g Saturated fat: 47g Unsaturated fat: 31g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 63g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 1980mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 76g Cholesterol: 288mg