What better way to start a holiday dinner than with this bubbly punch?
Blood Orange Prosecco Punch
Yields: 8-12 servings
- 1 cup fresh blood orange juice, chilled (about 8 oranges)
- ½ cup vodka, chilled
- Rosemary Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 (750-ml) bottle prosecco, chilled
- Garnish: fresh rosemary, blood orange slices
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup loosely packed rosemary (cut into small sections)
- In a pitcher, stir together juice, vodka, and Rosemary Syrup. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add prosecco, and serve immediately. Garnish glasses with rosemary and blood orange, if desired.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and ¼ cup water to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rosemary; let steep for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids, and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.