This herbaceous take on the Bloody Mary shows off the floral notes and spice in Primos Peppers Swampadelic Sauce™. The low end of the suggested hot sauce range will provide a spicy cocktail, while the full teaspoon is quite something.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup silver tequila
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon Primo’s Peppers Swampadelic Sauce™
- 24 ounces spicy tomato juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- Garnish: pickled okra, lemon slices
- In a Mason jar, combine tequila, cilantro, jalapeño, and hot sauce. Let stand for 1 hour. Strain tequila through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids. Infused tequila may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 ounces infused tequila, 6 ounces tomato juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon celery salt. Fill with ice; cover, and shake until cold. Strain into a lowball glass filled with ice. Repeat procedure three times with remaining infused tequila, remaining tomato juice, remaining lemon juice, remaining Worcestershire, remaining soy sauce, and remaining celery salt. Garnish with pickled okra and lemon slice, if desired.