Blueberry Crumb Bars
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Press half of dough into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Gently fold in blueberries. Spread blueberry mixture evenly over dough. Crumble remaining dough over berries. Bake until top is slightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/