Try these spicy boiled shrimp at your next tailgate.
Write a review
- 12 cups water
- ½ cup salt
- ¼ cup crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup powdered crab boil, such as Zatarain’s
- 1 (4-ounce) bottle liquid crab boil, such as Zatarain’s
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 heads garlic
- 8 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut into thirds
- 4 pounds jumbo fresh shrimp
- 2 quarts ice
- Cocktail sauce, as needed (optional)
- Rémoulade sauce, as needed (optional)
- Fill a large pot with 12 cups water; add salt, red pepper, crab boils, oil, bay leaves, and garlic. Place over high heat and bring to a boil; add corn and simmer 20 minutes. Remove corn to a large platter.
- Return water to a boil; add shrimp, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes; stir in 2 quarts of ice, and let shrimp stand for 5 minutes or longer. The longer the shrimp rest in the water, the spicier they become. Strain and serve with corn, cocktail sauce, and rémoulade, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/