It’s been a busy summer, and now that the kids are heading back to school and you’re heading back into the office, things will only get more hectic with late meetings, afterschool activities, homework, and more. Who has time to even think about dinner, let alone cook? What you need are some simple meals you can whip up in 30-minutes or less!
Perfect for busy weeknights, super easy meals like this Cheesy Shrimp and Orzo Skillet take no time at all to cook up, and thanks to Tony Chachere’s® seasonings, the flavors are amazing and your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined (Can Use Chicken or Sausage as Substitute)
- 2 Teaspoons Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, Divided
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Peeled and Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Can (14.5 Ounces) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Seafood or Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Traditional Orzo Pasta, Uncooked
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pan. Set shrimp aside.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add more oil if necessary. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes (do not drain), broth, heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon of Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning. Bring to a boil and then stir in the orzo. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender to your liking. Add more Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning if desired.
- Add the shrimp back to the top of the pasta and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Turn off the heat and return the lid to the pan. Keep covered until shrimp has heated through and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!