Perfectly caramelized and tender-crisp, these roasted carrots will become a fixture on your holiday sides menu.
Cane Syrup-Roasted Carrots with Garlic-Herb Yogurt Sauce
Yields: 6-8 Servings
- ¼ cup cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (16-ounce) packages peeled small rainbow carrots with tops (halved, if large)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves, chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together cane syrup, melted butter, lemon juice, and cumin. Set aside.
- Divide carrots between prepared pans. Toss carrots with ¼ cup oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Brush carrots with cane syrup mixture, and roast until tender, about 18 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, 2 tablespoons water, mint, garlic, parsley, and zest. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining ¾ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper, stirring to combine. Drizzle yogurt sauce over carrots. Garnish with mint and parsley, if desired.