Cane Syrup Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Steen’s Cane Syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups diced sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Garnish: fresh sage, fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter, cane syrup, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and ginger over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Add sweet potatoes and olive oil, stirring to coat. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Increase oven temperature to 400°, and bake until edges of potatoes are just beginning to crisp, about 10 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with sage and thyme, if desired.