Caribbean Beef Burgers with Mango Salsa
- 1½ pounds Louisiana lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 large mango, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 hamburger buns
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°).
- In a large bowl, gently combine beef and jerk seasoning. Divide mixture into 4 portions, and shape each into a ¾-inch-thick patty.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid and turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally in center registers 160°, 11 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice.
- Top buns with patties and salsa. Serve immediately.
Cooks Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.