This bread pudding has all the flavors we love from traditional carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Bread Pudding
Makes 6 Servings
- 8 cups cubed brioche (about 10 slices)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and ¼ cup juice reserved
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans*
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Garnish: chopped toasted pecans*
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with baking spray with flour. Place brioche, carrots, pineapple, and finely chopped pecans in prepared pan, and toss until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until sugar dissolves. Pour cream mixture evenly over brioche mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place baking dish with brioche mixture on prepared baking sheet, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until center is set, 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil during final 15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool for at least 1 hour. Spread Cream Cheese Icing on top. Garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.
*We used Cane River Pecan Company Pecan Halves.
No cream cheese icing recipe?
Where is the cream cheese icing?
Please add the cream cheese icing recipe. Thank you.
It’s 4 ingredients. People
Vanilla Whip together and your done made this last Snight delicious. I also added a splash of bourbon thank you for a great recipe