NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to students attending the Louisiana Culinary Institute who are legal US residents and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The recipe must be original, use at least one Certified Louisiana product, and include complete instructions for preparation, readily available ingredients, standard measures, and the suggested number of servings. Ingredients should be listed in order of use. Extra points will be awarded for using more than one Certified Louisiana product in a recipe and for pairing a craft beverage (containing a Certified Louisiana product) with the recipe.
- Contest Period: The contest will take place on December 6. Entries received via mail must be postmarked by November 22 and received by November 25. Entries submitted online must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on November 22.
- How to Enter: To enter online go to register. You may also print the entry form and mail to:
Attn: Gretchen Norris
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
Entries must be completed on the official entry form and contain entrant’s full name, mailing address, and telephone number or it will be eliminated from consideration. Proof of mailing or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries will not be accepted via fax.
- Winner Selection: Prize winners will be determined based on overall flavor, visual appeal, and creativity. Recipes will be prepared by culinary students at the Louisiana Culinary Institute in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and judged by an independent panel of food industry professionals, whose decisions are final. The judging is not open to entrants or the public.
- Prizes: One overall Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $1,000 cash scholarship from Louisiana Cookin’. The Grand Prize-winning recipe may come from any category. One additional winner from each of the categories will be awarded a prize package of Certified Louisiana partner products and Hoffman Media culinary products. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitutions will be allowed. All federal, state, and local income taxes on prize are the responsibility of the winner. Winner(s) will be issued a 1099 tax form for the estimated retail value of the prize and may be required to sign a Release of Liability and/or Statement of Eligibility. Failure to submit any required documents will result in disqualification.
- General: No copies or mechanical reproductions of copyrighted recipes will be accepted. Certified Louisiana and Louisiana Cookin’ are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or postage-due mail. All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”), along with all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of, and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. Sponsor use of the Entry Materials may include but shall not be limited to publication and archived in Louisiana Cookin’, louisianacookin.com, and certifiedlouisiana.org. Entrants hereby warrant and represent that (a) they own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on the entrant’s part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- Winners List: Winners and their recipes will be posted on louisianacookin.com in the recipe section after April 2020 and will be featured in the May/June 2020 issue of Louisiana Cookin’ magazine. Learn more about Certified Louisiana at certifiedlouisiana.org.
- General Release: By entering the Contest, entrants release the Sponsor and the Participating Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory. Students are allowed to enter multiple categories, however they will only be allowed to enter one recipe per category.