These cheesy dauphinois potatoes make a delicious and decadent side.
Cheesy Dauphinois Potatoes
These cheesy potatoes make a delicious and decadent side.
Write a review
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Layer potatoes in concentric circles until potatoes cover the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons fontina cheese, 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Repeat layers twice or until potatoes fill the pan. Pour cream over potatoes, and top with remaining cheese. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Garnish with chopped fresh sage, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/