Simple and elegant, this chestnut creme brulee is one of the ultimate crowd-pleasing desserts.
Chestnut Crème Brulee
A smooth and decadent dessert.
Write a review
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 vanilla beans, split in half lengthwise
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup canned chestnut purée
- Pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and cover. Let stand 15 minutes, then remove vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks.
- In the container of a blender, add egg yolks. Turn to low speed, and slowly pour in cream mixture. Add chestnut purée and salt; blend until combined.
- Divide chestnut mixture evenly between 8 (6-ounce) ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking dish,
- and fill dish with water until about halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake until custard is set, about 45 minutes. Carefully remove from oven, let cool to room temperature in water; remove from water and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler. Preheat oven to broil. Top each custard evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar. Broil in groups of 4 until sugar is melted and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/