Chicken Stuffed with Artichokes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 16 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a medium bowl, stir together artichokes, goat cheese, spinach, lemon zest, pepper, and salt.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons artichoke mixture in center of each chicken breast. Fold ends of chicken in over filling; fold sides of chicken over to completely enclose filling. Wrap each chicken breast in 2 slices prosciutto. Wrap each chicken breast tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken, and cook until prosciutto is browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and chicken. Place pan in oven, and bake for 20 minutes.