Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1½ cups salted butter, softened and divided
- 1⅔ cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and ⅔ cup brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add flour and salt, beating until crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat corn syrup, cream, remaining ½ cup butter, and remaining 1 cup brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust, spreading to edges. Sprinkle with chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars.