These Curried Corn Ice Pops are a sweet and spicy summertime treat.
Curried Corn Ice Pops
Write a review
- 2½ cups fresh corn kernels (2 to 3 ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon Madras curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wooden ice-pop sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine corn, half-and-half, sugar, curry powder, and salt, and bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Strain corn mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, stirring and pressing with a spatula until thoroughly strained; discard solids.
- Fill ice-pop molds with corn mixture. Place wooden ice-pop sticks in centers of molds (see note); freeze until solid. To remove pops from mold, dip mold in warm water 30 seconds or until pops can be released.
- If you don’t have ice-pop molds, then pour corn mixture into small paper cups. Insert wooden ice-pop sticks when mixture begins to freeze. Return pops to freezer until firm. Peel paper from sides of pops. Inserting wooden sticks when mixture is partially frozen will help keep the sticks in the center.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/