Crabmeat with Creole tomatoes and avocado is one of our favorite combinations, especially when drizzled with a spicy, citrusy dressing.
Crab and Creole Tomato Salad
Makes 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons seeded chopped serrano pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked free of shell
- 6 (½-inch-thick) slices Creole tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and cut into 12 slices
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: lime wedges, cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, chopped cilantro, serrano, garlic, and salt. Gradually whisk in oil. Reserve ¼ cup dressing for drizzling. Stir bell peppers and green onion into remaining dressing. Gently stir in crab.
- To serve, arrange 1 tomato slice and 2 avocado slices on each of 6 plates. Top each with about ½ cup crab mixture. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with black pepper. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves, if desired.