We dressed up this potluck staple with the flavors of a classic New Orleans appetizer, crab ravigote.
Crab Ravigote Deviled Eggs
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise*
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- Garnish: jumbo lump crabmeat, capers
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove egg yolks, and place in a medium bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Using a fork, mash egg yolks into fine pieces. Add mayonnaise, capers, green onion, lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Gently fold in crabmeat. Spoon egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish with crabmeat and capers, if desired.
*We used Blue Plate Mayonnaise.