How do you make deviled eggs even better? Put pork rinds on top! If making ahead of time, wait to add pork rinds until ready to serve.
Cracklin’ Deviled Eggs
- 8 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwse
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cornichons, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 3 teaspoons cornichon brine from jar
- Garnish: pork rinds, minced chives
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Place egg whites on a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mash egg yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, cornichons, hot sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and Cajun seasoning until well combined. Add brine, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired texture is achieved. Pipe mixture into egg whites. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Garnish with pork rinds and chives, if desired.