These Crawfish and Corn Beignets are the ultimate Mardi Gras treat. Try them with gumbo and Cajun bread pudding during Carnival.
Crawfish and Corn Beignets
Write a review
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere’s
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat until temperature reaches 350° on a deep-fry thermometer.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, milk, baking powder, Creole seasoning, garlic, thyme, hot sauce, and salt until a batter is formed. Stir in crawfish, corn, parsley, and green onion.
- In batches, carefully drop batter by ¼ cupfuls into oil. Cook until balls float to top of oil; turn and cook an additional 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/