These easy frittata muffins include a few favorite crawfish boil add-ins like potato and corn.
Crawfish Boil Frittata Muffins
Makes 18 to 22
- 1 large red potato, cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- ½ small sweet onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 pound crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring potato, salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; stir in corn and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in crawfish and 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and remaining 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning until combined; add potato, onion mixture, goat cheese, and parsley, stirring until combined.
- Using a ladle, divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling cups three-fourths full (18 to 22 muffin cups).
- Bake until eggs are set and starting to turn golden brown around edges, 18 to 20 minutes.
Kitchen Tip: Place a foil-lined baking sheet on bottom rack of oven to catch any drippings.