Crawfish Bread Bites
A fun and fresh take on a classic Cajun appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ (16-ounce) package crawfish tails
- 2 cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add bell pepper, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the same bowl, add tomatoes, crawfish, cheeses, salt, and pepper; combine well. Divide onion mixture between French bread halves. Bake in oven on a rimmed baking sheet until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Slice into portions, and serve warm.