The most important meal of the day just got a lot more delicious with these hearty breakfast sandwiches.
Crawfish, Egg, and Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
Makes 4 Servings
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 ounces cooked crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
- 6 slices thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, cooked and cut in half
- ½ cup shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Creole seasoning, salt, and hot sauce.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until egg mixture just begins to set, about 3 minutes. Stir in crawfish and green onion; cook, stirring constantly, until egg mixture is cooked but not dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Spread mustard evenly over cut sides of buns. Place bacon on bottom halves of buns. Spoon egg mixture evenly over bacon. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds. Cover with top halves of buns.