This crawfish macaroni and cheese is one of our ultimate crowd-pleasing appetizers.
Crawfish Macaroni And Cheese
A cheesy and crowd-pleasing crawfish appetizer.
Write a review
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package crawfish tails
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers, such as Ritz Original
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 15 (1-cup) gratin dishes with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and pasta, stirring until butter melts. Add crawfish tails, pimiento, cheeses, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Divide macaroni mixture between prepared dishes, and smooth tops with a spoon. Transfer to oven, and bake 10 minutes. Top each portion with crushed crackers. Return to oven and bake until edges are bubbly, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have individual dishes, bake this cheesy crowd-pleaser in a 4-quart baking dish.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/