Using ready-to-serve Thai coconut broth, this Crawfish Noodle Bowl makes for a quick start to family suppers.
Crawfish Noodle Bowl
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh collard greens
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Thai coconut broth*
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Fresno chiles, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crushed salted roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions until tender. (They need to be cooked a little more than al dente since they are served cold.) Drain, and rinse under cold water; drain again. Divide noodles, collards, and crawfish among 4 serving bowls.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together coconut broth, fish sauce, and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Divide broth among serving bowls. Top with cucumber, cilantro, chiles, and peanuts. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
*We used Ocean’s Halo Thai Coconut Broth.