These puff pastry tarts are an elegant appetizer that takes just minutes to throw together.
Crawfish Puff Pastry Tarts
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cooked crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry* (1 sheet), thawed
- 6 tablespoons garlic and herbs cheese
- Flaked sea salt
- Garnish: fresh oregano leaves, fresh thyme leaves
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until amber in color, about 1 minute. Add crawfish, chopped oregano, and chopped thyme. Cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in red peppers and green onion. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut pastry into 6 even rectangles (about 4¾×3 inches each). Using a knife, make shallow indentations on pastry, creating a ½-inch border along edges. (Do not cut all the way through the pastry.) Spread 1 tablespoon cheese on each pastry within borders. Divide crawfish mixture evenly over cheese.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Garnish with oregano leaves and thyme leaves, if desired.
*We used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets.