This slightly spicy, extra creamy cheese dip can be made ahead and kept warm on the low setting in a slow cooker.
Yields: 12-15 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound frozen crawfish tails, thawed, drained, and chopped
- 16 ounces white restaurant-style cheese dip*, cubed
- 2 (8-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Garnish: diced jalapeño, crawfish tails
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and minced jalapeños, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and Cajun seasoning; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; add crawfish, cheese dip, green chiles, milk, hot sauce, and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese dip is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with diced jalapeño and crawfish, if desired.
*We used Queso-Melt.