These crawfish salad puffs are the perfect way to start a party.
Crawfish Salad Puffs
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup minced leek
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning*
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup minced red onion, rinsed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 (10-ounce) packages puff pastry shells, baked and hollowed according to package directions
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leek, celery, and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add crawfish, bell pepper, Creole seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon salt; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Add crawfish mixture and chives.
- Place about 2 tablespoons crawfish salad in each prepared pastry shell. Garnish with chives, if desired.
- *We used Zatarain’s Original Creole Seasoning.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/