Crawfish, pasta, and cream sauce come together in this unforgettable dish.
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 pound rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions but not rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon blackened seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1⅓ cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package cooked crawfish tails
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and oil; toss well. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, Creole seasoning, blackened seasoning, salt, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute. Add wine; cook until wine is almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Gradually add cream, milk, and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add crawfish, green onion, and parsley; cook for 1 minute.
- Add reserved pasta; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add grated Parmesan, stirring until melted. Divide among serving plates, and garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.