Smoky bacon and an herby pesto give this Crawfish White Bean Stew incredible flavor.
Crawfish White Bean Stew
Yields: 6 servings
- 4 ounces chopped bacon (about 5 slices)
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped Creole tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh pesto
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound crawfish tails, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Crusty toasted French bread, to serve
- Garnish: fresh pesto, fresh basil leaves, ground black pepper
- In a medium Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in Creole tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, pesto, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish, beans, and hot sauce; cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with crusty bread. Garnish with pesto, basil, and pepper, if desired.