This colorful, creamy slaw has a bit of bite from Creole mustard and sherry vinegar.
Creamy Creole Coleslaw
Yields: About 7 cups
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage, rinsed (about 1 large head)
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage, rinsed (about 1 large head)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, Creole seasoning, sugar, and celery seeds. Cover tightly, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In another large bowl, combine cabbages and bell peppers. Add dressing to slaw mix 30 minutes before serving, stirring to coat. Serve cold.