Creamy New Potato and Leek Soup
This Creamy New Potato and Leek Soup will be a fantastic addition to your lineup of spring soups.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 leeks, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (32-ounce) containers vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 pounds new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: sliced leek
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, leek, and garlic; cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half-and-half.
- Add potatoes, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender and mixture has slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Add dill, chives, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low.
- In the container of a blender, add soup, in batches, if necessary, and process until smooth. Return soup to pot, and stir in buttermilk. Add cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, until melted. Serve soup topped with sliced leek, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/