This coleslaw recipe provides a nice balance of flavors and textures and is the perfect side for any gathering or potluck.
Creamy Pecan Coleslaw
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small head green cabbage, trimmed and shredded (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, cane syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add cabbage, carrots, celery, and green onion, tossing to coat. Toss with pecans just before serving.