This creamy pasta is packed with flavor and fit to feed a crowd.
Creamy Shrimp and Tasso Pasta
Makes About 6 Servings
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning*
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces tasso, cut into 1½-inch julienned strips
- ¾ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and rinse. Place in a large bowl; add oil, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add Creole seasoning; cook for 10 seconds. Add white onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tasso and green onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cream. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, just until shrimp are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Add to pasta; toss well to coat. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. To reheat, cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
*We used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.