This Creamy Tomato Crawfish Pasta is packed with flavor! Try this recipe for Creole cream cheese.
Creamy Tomato Crawfish Pasta
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresno chile
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup sweet vermouth
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ cup Creole cream cheese or crème fraîche
- ½ pound crawfish tail meat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound cooked capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion and chile, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 30 seconds. Add vermouth, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, gently breaking tomatoes with spoon.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Add Creole cream cheese, whisking until smooth, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in crawfish, salt, and pepper, and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in pasta, basil, and parsley, and stir until combined. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
This would be awesome with Fresina Crawfish Shape Pasta from http://www.fresinas.com
What is Creole cream cheese ?
Thanks for asking! Creole cream cheese is a type of soft farmer’s cheese made around New Orleans and South Louisiana. It is similar to creme fraiche or sour cream in texture and flavor (and either of those are good substitutes). If you’d like to try making it at home, take a look at this recipe from Chef John Folse – http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/misc/misc01.htm
What’s another alternative for creole cream cheese never seen it here in TX
Regular cream cheese or creme fraiche will substitute nicely. We actually have a recipe for Creole cream cheese here: https://www.louisianacookin.com/creole-cream-cheese-and-satsuma-king-cake/
What’s the other alternative I have never seen creole crewmembers cheese?
Sour cream or creme fraiche are both good substitutes for Creole cream cheese.