Naylet LaRochelle was the winner of our Tony Chachere’s Recipe Contest and Giveaway.
By: Naylet LaRochelle
“Our family and friends have been spending summers in Sanibel, Florida, for over a decade. We have watched the kids grow up and made wonderful, loving memories along the way. From time to time, there have been certain meals that have settled as our favorites. This is one of them! When making this dish, we always opt for the catch of the day is, to keep it in line with coastal, beach flavors. The BOLD Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning enhances the flavors of this fish and adds the extra, spicy kick our family loves. This delicious recipe embraces a multicultural approach of cooking Louisiana style!” – Naylet LaRochelle
- 1 pound halibut fillets, about 1-inch thick*
- 2 cups Tony Chachere’s Creole Style Seafood Pourable Marinade
- 4 cups parsley
- 1 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅔ cup plus 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s BOLD Creole Seasoning, or to taste, divided
- ⅔ cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups chopped mango
- 1½ tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 4 servings cooked couscous, prepared according to package directions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges and parsley sprigs, for garnish
- In a large glass bowl, combine fish and marinade. Gently toss to coat well; cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add parsley, torn cilantro, and garlic. Process until very finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl, and add lime juice, ⅔ cup olive oil, and salt; stir until well combined. Depending on acidity level of lime, may need to add more to taste.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. When oil is hot, stir in bell pepper and 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s BOLD Creole Seasoning. Cook until red pepper has softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in onion and mango, and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in mint. Transfer to bowl; cover tightly to keep warm. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil for cooking fish. Remove fish from marinade; pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with remaining 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s BOLD Creole Seasoning. Add fish to hot skillet; cook until fish is opaque and flakes, 8 to 9 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss couscous and chopped cilantro. Spoon couscous onto a large platter; top with cooked fish. Spoon red pepper and mango relish over fish; drizzle with chimichurri. Serve any remaining chimichurri on the side for additional drizzling. Garnish with lime wedges and parsley sprigs.