Shrimp and hot sauce give these Creole Deviled Eggs a twist.
Creole Deviled Eggs
Write a review
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 12 large cooked shrimp, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Garnish: fresh dill
- Halve eggs lengthwise, and place yolks in a medium bowl. Set aside egg whites.
- Mash yolks with a fork, and add shrimp, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, mustard, capers, pepper, salt, and hot sauce. Using a rubber spatula, stir until well combined. Divide egg yolk mixture equally between egg whites with a spoon. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/